BNF202 - New technologies in modern biology
New technologies have profoundly changed the scientific practice in biology labs. If they brought about new challenges, they also open new perspectives; biology thus becomes more quantitative and more predictive and fosters new applications in precision medicine and synthetic biology.
- New technologies: new practice and new paradigms
- Big data: new statistical tools
- Modern genetics: systems medicine, NGS and cancer research
- High-throughput data: from transcriptomics to the microbiota
- Systems biology: integrative biology and
- Holmes S and Huber W, 2018. Modern statistics for modern biolgoy, Cambridge University Press